This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
3. - SaaS app integration videos: Read more in this section
- Introduction to the SaaS landscape
- SaaS applications and integration
Explore other sections in this guide:
- 1. - SaaS app integration pitfalls
- 2. - SaaS app integration strategies and tools
- 4. - SaaS application integration terms to know
Introduction to the SaaS landscapeDate: Jun 18, 2012
Cloud U expert Jeff Kaplan offers an introduction to the world of Software as a Service (SaaS) applications.
Kaplan, the managing director of Wellesley, Mass.-based consulting firm THINKstrategies, explains what SaaS applications are and the effect they are having on the enterprise.
"What we're looking at today is a threshold of new innovation int he software world and software as a service is at the heart of that," Kaplan said.
He discusses SaaS's key attributes including multi-tenancy, design, subscription pricing, analytics and more.