Chris Moyer is the author of the book “Building Applications in the Cloud,” which is dedicated not just to simply moving applications to cloud computing, but also to integrating applications into a cloud environment so that they can be truly successful. He holds a B.S. in software engineering from the Rochester Institute of Technology and is the vice president of technology for technology content aggregator, Newstex, LLC. He has more than five years of experience in programming with an emphasis in cloud computing.
Chris spends much of his time working on the popular boto client library for communicating with Amazon Web Services. He studied under the creator of boto, Mitch Garnaat. He then went on to create two Web frameworks based off of this client library, known as Marajo and botoweb. He currently assists developers with migrating applications to the cloud and helping new startups create new applications that were never before possible. He lives in New York City.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Chris Moyer
- Companies use cloud-burst model to boost computing capacity
- Promote ease of use to win buy-in for Microsoft Office 365 suite
- Self-service cloud portals let users order up IT resources
- Cloud computing trend alert: Expect growing focus on enterprises
- What's on the horizon for cloud computing platforms?
- Expert advice for evaluating DRaaS providers
- Plan your own recovery from cloud vendor SLA violations
- How to decide whether to use Testing as a Service
- Design to fail: Tips for surviving public-cloud failure
- BYOD rules and policies should cover ex-employees, too
- Three collaboration apps support development teamwork
- Build an enterprise app store -- even on a budget
- Questions to ask your multi-tenant cloud provider
- What are some best practices for cloud configuration?
- To duck more cloud computing fees, turn off the PaaS VM
- Why app integration is a problem in cloud computing
- Private clouds vs. data centers: What's the difference?
- Cloud tools for remote application development managers
- Cloud management tools improve remote productivity
- What are the advantages of native mobile development?