SaaS applications integration: Strategies and best practices for success
A comprehensive collection of articles, videos and more, hand-picked by our editors
Cloud integration is the process of configuring multiple application programs to share data in the cloud. In a network that incorporates cloud integration, diverse applications communicate either directly or through third-party software.
Cloud integration offers the following advantages over older, compartmentalized organizational methods.
- Each user can access personal data in real time from any device.
- Each user can access personal data from any location with Internet access.
- Each user can integrate personal data such as calendars and contact lists served by diverse application programs.
- Each user can employ the same logon information (username and password) for all personal applications.
- The system efficiently passes control messages among application programs.
- By avoiding the use of data silos, data integrity is maintained and data conflicts (which can arise from redundancy) are avoided.
- Cloud integration offers scalability to allow for future expansion in terms of the number of users, the number of applications, or both.
In recent years, cloud integration has gained favor among organizations, corporations, and government agencies that implement SaaS (Software as a Service), a software distribution model in which applications are hosted by a vendor or service provider and made available to users over the Internet.
Continue Reading About cloud integration
- James Powell discusses some of the challenges of cloud integration, and recommends practices to meet those challenges